Following initial conferment of one of the College for Financial Planning's professional designations, authorization for continued use of the credential must be renewed every two years. There are three renewal requirements:
Code of Ethics
- Standards of Professional Conduct. The Code establishes minimum standards of acceptable professional conduct for persons authorized to use one of the professional designations.
- Self-Disclosure. Designees must disclose of any criminal, civil, self-regulatory organization, or governmental agency inquiry, investigation, or proceeding relating to their professional or business conduct. Initial conferment and renewed authorization to use the designation is contingent upon the College for Financial Planning's review of matters either self-disclosed or which are discovered by the College that are required to be disclosed.
- Terms and Conditions Statement. The Terms and Conditions statement outlines designees' rights to use the College's Marks and acknowledges the rights of the College to protect the Marks from unauthorized use by individuals or entities.
- As part of the renewal requirements designees pay a non-refundable renewal fee for each designation being renewed. The $95 renewal fee is for a two-year period. A late fee (non-refundable) of $10 per designation is incurred if all renewal requirements are not completed, received, and accepted by the College for Financial Planning by the renewal due date.
- Designees holding two or more designations may elect to pay a Multiple Designation Renewal Fee of $95 and create a single renewal date for all their College designations. The $95 fee covers the renewal fee for all designations for a two-year period.
Continuing Education (CE)
- A CE requirement begins immediately upon initial conferment of the designation. As part of the online renewal process, designees execute an electronic statement (attestation) affirming appropriate CE credits have been earned during their two-year authorization period.
- Designees are required to complete sixteen (16) continuing education credits (hours) per designation within the two-year authorization period. MPASSM designees are required to complete forty (40) continuing education credits within the two-year authorization period.
Sign in to your account to:
- View your designation(s) status and renewal due date
- Update your contact information
- Begin the online renewal process – Available four months prior to your renewal due date
The following documents provide details on the Professional Designation Renewal Requirements:
- Professional Designation Renewal Requirements
- Subject Topic Lists for CE Credit
- Determining Course Compliance with CE Standards
- Terms and Conditions